is my take at two Vietnam Huns using the Italeri kits. Pretty straightforward
builds with a bit of Eduard PE in the cockpits. As both kits only come with a
closed canopy, I cut off the respective windscreens and built the canopy
actuators from scratch.
On the F-100F, I added the appropriate antennae under the nose/belly and on the tail fin, while drilling out the cooling intake on the tail, to portray one of the early Wild Weasels. I added a Shrike missile (which was typically carried on the port in-board position) and rocket launchers from the spares box (I believe from Italeri's A-10).
The F-100D is armed with Hasegawa Mk.82s and M-117s from the kit (with some leftover fuse extenders). I also used a Taurus vacform canopy on this one, to correct the wrong Italeri canopy.
Decals are from a Caracal sheet, with markings for:
For the fun of it, I used two different sets of paint: the F-100D is finished in Gunze paints, for the F-100F I used Vallejo's colours for the first time.
Credits background picture: designed by Freepik, photo by jannoon028: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/clouds-sunset-mountains_986559.htm
Photos and text © by Patrick Vossenberg